This highly practical course features a studio environment where students complete projects in a variety of 2D design disciplines, such as: branding; illustration; packaging; typography; advertising; layout; signage; websites; games; moving image, video and animation.
Is this course for you?
If you are interested in what images, typefaces, packaging sell products; in what interface makes tasks more efficient; in what visual problem solving can achieve, then Visual Communications and Design (Honours) from Institute of Technology Carlow could be the course for you.
- Studio-based course with skills training across all media. Students of the course will graduate with a portfolio of work in graphic design, digital media and video.
- Annual industry showcase event for final year students to exhibit work to potential employers.
- Students are encouraged to compete in a variety of national student competitions and have performed well in recent years. Students of this course have won first place at the Samsung Digital Media Awards and and have been shortlisted for the Institute of Designer in Ireland (IDI) Graduate Awards.
- Students have the opportunity to take international field trips in Years 1 and 2.
- Exit awards: Higher Certificate in Visual Communications and Design (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2 and Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communications and Design (NFQ Level 7) after Year 3.
- User Interface and Experience Design
- Marketing Management
- Web Development
- Digital Marketing
- Web Design Methods
- Media and Communications
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Leaving Certificate: 2H5 and 4O6/H7
- English or Irish O6/H7
International10250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10250 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
- EU students - Contribution Charge - 3000 EUR
Living costs for Carlow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.