The Econometrics and Operations Research - Econometrics and Data Science programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, offers you an ideal combination of computer science methods and statistical data analysis, that allows you to tackle the most challenging problems in business, economics and finance.
After the bachelor’s programme, you will be able to choose from a number of master’s programmes. As an econometrics graduate, you will be highly desired on the job market. You stand out because of your quantitative expertise, combined with knowledge of economics and business.
Why Econometrics And Data Science at VU Amsterdam?
- At VU Amsterdam we offer Econometrics and Data Science at the bachelor's level, which is a unique combination.
- VU Amsterdam offers an international education that focuses on the international labour market, with a lot of attention given to methodology and theory. Future employers can easily be found in the Zuidas business district, just a stone's throw away.
- At VU Amsterdam you become familiar with multiple programming languages such as Hadoop, Python and R. This gives you an edge on the labour market.
- VU Amsterdam is an easily accessible campus university where you will meet students from all disciplines.
- The study association Kraket is not only active and fun, but it also helps you with questions about your studies. Within the programme, the lines are short and students and teachers can easily get in contact with one another.
- Econometricians with a diploma are highly desired in the labour market. At VU Amsterdam, you will be actively assisted in finding the job that suits you best.
Join VU Amsterdam for an online Taster Day! During this event, you will get a taste of what life is like as a student at our university. You will get to know one specific Bachelor's programme and find out what you can expect in terms of the content. There is also an opportunity to meet students who are currently following the programme.
On-demand Bachelor’s dayDid you miss the Online Bachelor's Day on February 6? With a My Study Choice account, you can get access to the open day platform from February and view the various study programme videos!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Data Science
- Introduction to Programming (Java)
- Linear Algebra
- Data Analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Numerus Fixus: 15 January
- Non-EU/EEA students: 1 April
- National students, EU/EEA students and students who do not need a study visa/residence permit through VU Amsterdam: 1 May
DisciplinesMathematics Econometrics Data Science & Big Data View 10 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A diploma equivalent to the Dutch pre-university VWO diploma
- 2. Proof of sufficient proficiency in English
- 3. Proof of sufficient proficiency in mathematics
International8870 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8870 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.