The focus of the Electronics Engineering program of Johnson & Wales University on blending theory with industry experience is unique. You’ll gain the essential tools and knowledge to formulate innovative solutions to workflow and configuration challenges, as well as build a solid foundation in electronics engineering, field-programmable gate array, microcontrollers and digital design. You’ll also develop the project management and communications skills necessary to work successfully as part of a team.
Harnesing the rapid changes in computer and information technology requires a broad-based foundation in embedded systems engineering. Our immersive, lab-based approach integrates mathematical and engineering applications with contemporary developments in the field through the use of tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
Under the guidance of faculty who combine theory with industry experience, you’ll learn to
- apply an understanding of engineering processes to identify and analyze problems, design simulations and experiments, and interpret data
- employ industry-standard techniques, skills and tools to resolve engineering problems
- develop project management and communications skills to work proactively in interdisciplinary teams
Starting in your junior year, you’ll have the opportunity to gain industry experience through our many experiential education and internship options. Upon graduation, you’ll be well positioned to find employment in a range of fields that include aerospace and broadcast engineering, IT consulting, systems analysis, network engineering, and even the auto and defense industries.
Some professions may require additional study, background checks, certifications, licenses, exams and/or experience as required qualifications for employment. Students are responsible for verifying that they can meet the employment requirements of potential employers.
- Aerospace Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Control & Instrumentation Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Electrical Engineer
- Tech Sales Engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Logic Design
- Embedded Systems Design
- Electronics Engineering Design and Prototyping
- Microelectronics Design
- Engineering Graphics & Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early admission: November 1
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 474 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
- Submit Admissions Forms
- Non-U.S. students transferring to JWU from another U.S. post-secondary institution must submit a Transfer Verification Form
International34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
National34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.