The Fashion and Textiles (Hons) course at University of West London covers a broad range of areas, from fashion illustration and textile design to pattern cutting and sewing. Study fashion and textiles with us to develop your own design voice as well as the technical expertise and knowledge, to enable you to compete globally within print, knit and fashion.
We’re here to make you career-ready, and you will benefit from our strong links to the fashion industry to help you achieve that.
You will be guided by our inspiring fashion and textiles team, who are all active in the industry.
We help you build confidence in your designs as well as your presentation skills, preparing you for a future in fashion and textiles. You’ll also be given an insight into how the fashion world functions commercially and the professional qualities required to survive in this competitive sector.
We teach through hands-on workshops, tutorials and lectures. You will develop technical skills including:
- screen and digital printing
- domestic and industrial knit/sewing machine skills
- pattern cutting
- fashion and textile design
- fashion illustration
- fashion video production
- designing for a market.
- Visual Communication in Fashion
- Pattern Cutting and Sample Production
- Specialist Studies – Print and Knit
- Fashion in Context
- Design Exploration and Experimentation
- Fashion Design Interpretation.
- Directional Textiles Innovation: Fashion Print or Fashion Knit
- Directional Fashion Innovation
- Digital Fashion Exploration
- Design in a Professional Context
- Fashioning Culture.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 222 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
112 UCAS tariff points from Level 3 qualifications. These can include:
- A Levels at grade B, B and C, or above
- BTEC Extended Diploma with Distinction, Merit, Merit
- Access to HE Diploma
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.