If you are a registered nurse with an industry sponsor and want to advance your skills in perioperative nursing, our program is for you. The Specialty Nursing - Perioperative program offered by British Columbia Institute of Technology prepares registered nurses to work in this highly specialized area of patient care.
Working in operating rooms, perioperative nurses provide safe and compassionate care for patients undergoing surgery. In the pre-, intra-, and immediate post-operative periods, perioperative nurses are a main source of information and support for patients and their families.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perioperative Theory : Developing Perioperative Partnerships
- Perioperative Theory : The Nurse in the Scrub Role
- Perioperative Clinical : Implementing the Scrub Nurse Role
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Application processing - Ongoing throughout the year.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 13 other Masters in Nursing in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English: Two years of education in English in an English-speaking country with one of the following: English 12 (73%) or, ENGL 1177 - Academic Writing (73%) or, 3.0 credits of post-secondary English, humanities or social sciences (73%) from a recognized institution
- Applicants to Specialty Nursing Certificate courses should have a minimum of 6 months to 1 year of relevant work experience in an acute care setting. Exceptions may be granted for undergraduate students taking entry level theory courses
- All students participating in clinical courses must have current Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Level C or Level Health Care Provider (HCP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.