The Journalism and Communications program from Anglo-American University (AAU), Prague is delivered by a faculty of academics and professionals from many countries. Students can expect to gain a solid background in politics, ethics and media culture.
The curriculum offers a balanced mix of courses in journalism and media studies: reporting, media theory, digital media, visual journalism, film, and marketing, which is complemented by foundation courses in history, politics, sociology and psychology.
Graduates of the B.A. in Journalism & Communications can expect to:
- Discuss and debate basic theories, levels of analysis and empirical evidence used in relevant scholarly literature.
- Apply theory to compare and contrast the meanings and functions of political institutions in different political systems and explain the outcomes and performance of political processes.
- Apply theory to understand the workings of the global economy, and to assess the role of businesses, governments and international organizations.
- Apply theory to understand history, and current events in international relations.
- Apply theory to understand European integration history, institutions, and policy.
AAU graduates thrive in multinational environments and are able to communicate professionally in English to international audiences. As a graduate of this degree program you will be well equipped to continue your studies or pursue a global career in areas such as:
- Various forms of print and web media
- Cultural Management
- Reporting or Diplomacy
- Humanitarian Government and Nonprofit Organizations
- Social research
The B.A. in Journalism and Communications program was accredited by the Czech Republic Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World History
- European History
- Survey of Western Art
- Visual Culture
- Media Ethics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 7 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School Diploma
- High School Transcript
- English Language Exam Results
- Personal Statement
- Copy of Passport / ID
- Passport Size Photo
International6878 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20634 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6878 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20634 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
- CZK 538,800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.