All our courses offer you the chance to take classes in specialist subjects such as high performance marine vehicles, marine engineering or ocean engineering.
Lots of our students go on work placements during the summer holidays. Due to our close links with industry, there are many work placement and internship opportunities for students.
Previous work placement opportunities include:
- student internships at Samsung Heavy Industries ship building yard in South Korea
- group work experience visits to ship building yards in China
- numerous summer internships with various high-profile companies in the maritime and oil & gas industries
- research internships within our own world class research centre
With skills including analytical, numeracy and problem-solving Naval Architecture and High Performance Marine Vehicles graduates are suited to a wide range of career opportunities.
Naval Architecture with High Performance Marine Vehicles graduates from University of Strathclyde work in Defence, Marine Designers, Oil and Gas – subsea, on-shore/off-shore, Ship classification, Technical Services, Engineering consulting. Job titles include Naval Architect, Junior Naval Architect, Ship Surveyor, Marine Engineer and Project Engineer.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology
- Engineering Mechanics
- Analysis Tools for Marine Design
- Hydrostatics and Stability of Marine Vehicles
- Marine Engineering Fundamentals
- Principles of Marine Design and Production
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture General Engineering & Technology Marine Engineering View 276 other Bachelors in Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAAA or AAABB (Maths A, Physics B and/or Engineering Science B)
- Maths and Physics recommended
Year 1 entry: AAB-BBB
(Maths and Physics)
- Year 2 entry: A*AA-AAB
(Maths and Physics at A)International Baccalaureate
Year 1 entry: 36-32
(Maths HL5, Physics HL5)
- Year 2 entry: 38-34
(Maths HL6, Physics HL6)
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 60 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 60 months.
- England, Wales & Northern Ireland: £9,250
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.