On this exciting new Music Technology and Audio Production (Hons) at University of Kent, you develop technical skills to an advanced level and learn how to use audio hardware and software to a professional standard.
Areas you explore include: recording techniques, audio production, music programming, music and media, and music event technologies. Your critical skills are developed through an in-depth understanding of the technology and its associated music.
Career opportunities for music graduates include many aspects of the creative industries, such as:
- music recording and production
- audio software development
- sound for film
- music performance
- music management
- composition and songwriting
- research and academia.
It is also possible to pursue careers in areas including:
- video games
- live sound for theatres and festivals
- audio installations for museums
- sonic arts and computer music.
- The Science of Sound
- Music in the Creative Industries
- Mixing and Production Techniques
- Live Sound
- Critical Listening and Sound-Making
- Audio Recording and Editing Techniques
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Sound Engineering View 93 other Bachelors in Sound Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: BBC including Music or Music Technology at B.
- Access to HE Diploma: The University will not necessarily make conditional offers to all Access candidates but will continue to assess them on an individual basis. If we make you an offer, you will need to obtain/pass the overall Access to Higher Education Diploma and may also be required to obtain a proportion of the total level 3 credits and/or credits in particular subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma)
DMM (in a music subject, or alongside an A-level in Music or Music Technology at B). Alternatively, any BTEC can be considered alongside an A-level in Music or Music Technology at B.
- International Baccalaureate
30 points overall or 15 points at Higher Level including Visual Arts or Design Technology
International21200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21200 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU full-time £15900
- Home part-time £4625
- EU part-time £7950
- International part-time £10600
Kent offers generous financial support schemes to assist eligible undergraduate students during their studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.