The undergraduate Art Teacher Education (certification in Secondary Education, grades 7-12) program at McDaniel College prepares students for a multitude of careers. Our graduates are now working in graphic design firms, attending graduate programs in Studio Art, Digital Media, Art History, and teaching in elementary and secondary schools. Many students enroll in art courses for personal enrichment and a desire for creative expression.
Critical and technical skills are taught as well as an appreciation of art as an essential element in a fulfilling life as a vehicle for interpreting the present and the past.
Our facilities include naturally lit studios for painting and drawing classes, a state-of-the-art computer lab, as well as graphic design, jewelry, printmaking, ceramics, and sculpture studios. The Department offers a range of experiences including the opportunity to view monthly shows in our own Esther Prangley Rice Gallery, where students can meet local, regional and national artists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Perceptual Drawing
- Methodology in Art Secondary
- PDS Field Practicum in Secondary Art
- Methodology in Art Elementary
- PDS Field Practicum in Elementary Art
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Art History View 838 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school transcript: If you cannot secure an official high school transcript, we will gladly accept an unofficial copy that includes grades 9-11. All students are required to submit a final official transcript that demonstrates high school graduation prior to enrollment.
- Personal Essay: Your personal essay helps us become acquainted with you as a person and student, apart from courses and grades. It will also demonstrate your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself.
- Letter of Recommendation or Common Application Secondary School Report (recommended)
International45876 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45876 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National45876 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45876 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.