Through a study of American history, literature, philosophy, religion, media, social science, and fine arts, students critically analyze the richness of the American experience. With a bachelor’s degree in American Studies from La Salle University you’ll become a cultural critic capable of making connections through an interdisciplinary perspective in order to draw conclusions about the American experience.
When you’ve completed your degree in American Studies, you’ll be able to analyze the role of race, ethnicity, gender, and class in American culture. You’ll also be able to author evidence-based writings and be a self-directed learner. With transferable skills and an interdisciplinary perspective of the American truth, you’ll be able to enter such professions as:
- Public Service
- Social Work
- Museum Studies
- Themes and Topics in American Culture
- American Art: Native American to Modern
- Social Change and Social Movements
- The American Woman
- America’s Military Past
- Studies in American Literature Since 1900
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Language Studies American Studies View 1996 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for admission
- An official transcript showing three years of high school scholastic records
- Your SAT or ACT scores
- An academic letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, parent, or school administrator
- Common Application or La Salle Application Personal Statement/Essay
- The required Common Application or La Salle Application Essay is not graded. This essay is generally used to inform the Admissions Committee about the applicant’s interests and/or background.
International31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 USD per year during 48 months.
National31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.