Our integrated efforts are directed toward those methods that produce the best possible educational experience. The primary goal of the geology faculty is to ensure academic excellence while demanding integrity and building self-esteem in our students. Specifically, our mission is to foster a positive learning environment which serves a variety of needs, including:
- Preparation of students who choose to pursue graduate studies in geology;
- Preparation of students to directly enter the work force;
- Preparation of students who choose to pursue careers in areas other than science (i.e. business or law), but need a broadly based background in geology as a foundation for those pursuits;
- Preparation of students who choose a career in earth science education; and
Preparation of students choosing physical science general education courses to be more knowledgeable citizens by providing a quality educational experience. The geology area carries out its role through application of, and involvement with, the basic principles of science and by instilling understanding and appreciation of scientific methodologies.
Program Learning Outcomes of the Geology program at Southern Utah University
- Demonstrate geologic knowledge of the physical and natural world.
- Demonstrate integrative learning through teamwork, problem solving, inquiry, and analysis.
- Demonstrate proficiency in geological field and lab skills.
- Demonstrate written and oral scientific communication skills.
- Dinosaurs and the History of Life
- Earthquakes, Volcanoes, and Natural Hazards
- Geology of National Parks
- How the Earth Works
- Physical Geology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geography Geology View 635 other Bachelors in Geology in United States
- Application - pay required $60 application fee (U.S. currency only), $35 for returning students
- English Proficiency - Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose first language is not English
- Transcripts - Official transcripts (record of courses taken and grades received) from each high school, college, and university attended must be submitted
- Passport - Please provide a copy of the photo page of your passport
- Finances - International students are required to demonstrate that funds are available for the first year of study
International20822 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10411 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19822 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9911 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3001 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Cedar City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.