There is an increasing demand for building systems engineers who can provide multidisciplinary skills at the interface of engineering and architecture.
In the Architectural Engineering with a Year in Industry programme from University of Sheffield , you'll become the kind of engineer that recognises social responsibility and holistic thinking, ready for a career engineering high-quality buildings that have minimal impact on the environment.
- Between years three and four, you'll arrange a year working in an engineering company. This industrial experience could be on site, in an office or a combination of both and will put your academic studies into context, improve your skills and enhance your employment prospects.
- You'll be responsible for finding your own placement but the departmental and faculty careers and employability teams will help you find the right position and get the most out of the experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Civil Engineering Mathematics
- Civil Engineering Skills with Manufacturing
- Civil and Structural Engineering Mechanics
- Matter, Flow and Energy
- Environment and Technology
- Geotechnical Engineering Structural Analysis
- Structural Engineering Design and Appraisal
- Fluids Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Industrial & Systems Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 457 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels + additional qualifications | AAB, including A in Maths + A in a relevant EPQ; AAB, including Maths + A in AS or B in A Level Further Maths
- International Baccalaureate | 36, 6 in Higher Level Maths
- BTEC | DDD in Engineering + A in A Level Maths
- Scottish Highers + 1 Advanced Higher | AAAAB + A in Maths
- Welsh Baccalaureate + 2 A Levels | A + AA in Maths
- Access to HE Diploma | 60 credits overall in a relevant subject with 45 at level 3 including 39 credits at Distinction to include Mathematics and Science or Engineering units, and 6 credits at Merit + Grade A in A-level Mathematics. Applicants are considered individually.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25670 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25670 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.