The curriculum of the Metallurgical Engineering program of University of Namibia aims at producing Graduate Engineers with knowledge, skills and abilities in Extractive Metallurgy or Physical Metallurgy and Materials Engineering.
The metallurgical engineers extract metals from their ores. They also process ores receive from the mines. The can find career opportunities in processing plants, mines, foundries. They can work in the ministry agencies for checking of standards. They can also work in plastic and polymer, construction and fabrication companies, foundries and ceramic industries.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Drawing
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Engineering
- Chemistry for Metallurgists
- Process Engineering for Metallurgists
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Provisional admission letter from UNAM;
- Valid Passport;
- Proof of visitors entry visa for registration purposes;
- Proof of Medical Insurance;
- Proof of Residence in Namibia (Lease Agreement);
- Proof of Payment/ financial means to sustain yourself
- Police Clearance Certificate (from country of origin)
- Medical and Radiology Reports (from country of origin)
- High school results from home country.
- Study permit fees (N$ 1475.00 PER ACADEMIC YEAR)
International1798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 899 USD per semester during 48 months.
National576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 288 USD per semester during 48 months.
- Namibian students: 3,400 N$ per semester
- Non SADC students: 13,400 N$ per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.