The programme for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical Engineering (Honours) from University of Namibia runs over four (4) academic years, which are made up of a total of eight (8) semesters. A semester consists of 14 weeks of lectures plus 2 weeks of university examinations.
Year 1 of study (semester I and II) is common to all Engineering disciplines. In Year 2, 3 and 4 (semesters III to VII), all students in this degree programme take the same discipline-specific modules and a few common modules. Semester VIII is fully dedicated to Research and Design Projects and thus has no taught modules.
A 16 Credit module requires a total of 56 hours of Lecture (L) plus 28 hours of Tutorials (T) or Labs (Practical Session (PS)). A 12 Credit module requires a total of 42 hours of Lecture plus 28 hours of Tutorials or Practical Session. An 8 Credit module requires a total of 28 hours of Lecture plus 14 hours of Tutorials or Practical Session. As part of Continuous Assessment (CA), students must do at least two (2) Written Tests in addition to some assignments and Lab reports, where applicable.
- Computer Science for Engineers
- Metallurgical Thermodynamics
- Statistics for Engineers
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mineral Processing Technology
- Physical Metallurgy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering Mathematics View 11 other Bachelors in Mathematics in Namibia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- High School results
- Radiological Report
- Deed of Surety Form
- Medical Certificate (original)
- Two (2) Passport size photos
- Admission letter from UNAM
- Proof of Registration from UNAM
- Proof of accommodation in Namibia
- Completed main application form and visa form
- Police Clearance from home country (compulsory)
- Reasons for studying in Namibia (write one paragraph)
- Proof of medical aid/ insurance (valid and active)*.
International1810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 905 USD per semester during 48 months.
National460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 230 USD per semester during 48 months.
- Namibian students: 3500 N$ per semester
- Non SADC students: 13800 N$ per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.