At a primary level, the English program of Amity University aims to offer opportunity to the students to read and respond to a large spectrum of novels, plays and poetry with associated genres. At a secondary level, the students will be exposed to wider socio-cultural and political issues in relation to contemporary English literature. This intensive Honours program in English would serve as an excellent foundation to students who want to pursue an in-depth study.
Program Educational Objectives
- Acquire and demonstrate the knowledge of trends, issues, themes and history of English Literature.
- Acquire expertise in information investigation, and show the ability to define issues and research in the field of English literature
- Critically analyse and apply ICT tools to leverage information through media and instill digital competency.
- Understand different literary texts stylistically and gain insights into problem solving.
- Use language as a communication tool to deliver various language skills through literature.
- Apply skills imparted to help students understand the leadership dynamics and use their knowledge for their skill development.
- Understand the multiple perspectives arising out of a literary text.
- Apply knowledge of literature and criticism in everyday life issues.
- Develop holistically and put the life skills learnt to good use in professional sphere through PSDA and focus on improving creativity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of varied literatures, their background and their development.
- For more information, please visit the program page.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 21 other Bachelors in Language Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 10+2 with min. 70% in English for Non Sponsored & 60% for Sponsored Category.
- Passport Size Photograph: The dimensions of the photograph should be 3.5 x 4.5cm width. Scanned photograph should be in jpg, gif, png, jpeg, bmp format for online submission.
- Attach Class X mark sheet. Scanned Class X mark sheet should be in jpg, gif, png, jpeg, bmp, pdf format for online submission.
- A valid personal e-mail ID and contact number.
- Application fees of Rs. 1100/- using Debit / Credit card / Demand Draft (in case of downloaded form).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 36 months.
- 1st Year Non Sponsored Semester Fee (Rs. in Lacs): 0.63
- 1st Year Sponsored Semester Fee (Rs. in Lacs): 0.945
Living costs for Noida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.