In the Bachelor of International Studies program at University of the Sunshine Coast you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of the political, cultural, and economic systems of other countries, with a focus on the United States and the Asia-Pacific region. You’ll become familiar with international institutions and the structures of global governance, and examine the relationship between the media and politics.
You can also choose to complete an internship in a political setting (such as with state and federal politicians, Amnesty International, local councils or community organisations), giving you practical experience and industry connections.
In this program you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of public international law and international human rights law
- Intern with politicians or social welfare organisations
- Use your elective courses to specialise in a chosen area of interest
- Develop strong communication skills as you research and present arguments on international politics
- Have the opportunity to study overseas
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Justice and Human Rights
- Politics of the USA
- Forces of Change in International Politics
- International Security
- Politics and Security in East Asia
- International Relations Theory and Practice
- Politics and the Media
- Internship in Politics and Industry
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies General Studies & Classics European Studies View 3 other Bachelors in European Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 074096G
To be eligible for admission to an undergraduate program at the University of the Sunshine Coast, an applicant needs to:
- be eligible for an OP or Selection Rank equal to or above the minimum OP or selection rank required for consideration in the offer round, through completion of a recognised formal or non-formal qualification, including:
- secondary study
- TAFE/vocational studies
- tertiary studies
- bridging/preparatory study
- other entry qualifications (eg professional qualifications, employment experience, Special Tertiary Admissions Test).
- refer to Pathways to study for more information
International24400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24400 AUD per year during 36 months.
- National Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.