Like physiotherapists, exercise physiologists work with clients in healthcare settings and sports to prevent disease and injuries, and to manage health, lifestyle and behaviour changes.
In this Bachelor of Clinical Exercise Physiology program at University of the Sunshine Coast, you will:
- Learn how to use exercise to prevent and manage chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis and mental health conditions.
- Train to prevent and manage musculoskeletal injuries in sport and recreational settings.
- Study anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, exercise assessment, exercise programming, psychology and nutrition.
- Build your professional skills through 500 hours of supervised work placement in hospitals, clinics and sport settings.
- Test and train athletes in USC’s AIS-accredited sport science labs.
- Qualify to work as an exercise physiologist in hospitals, health clinics, rehabilitation facilities, community health, occupational rehabilitation, gyms and more.
This degree qualifies you to practice as an exercise physiologist in a range of healthcare settings and to seek provider status with Medicare.
Clinical exercise physiology can lead to careers in cardiac and pulmonary testing, musculoskeletal injury prevention and management, neurological rehabilitation, cancer and renal disease rehabilitation, occupational rehabilitation, case management and research. The program can also provide a pathway to studies in physiotherapy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Pathophysiology
- Active Lifestyle Nutrition
- Health Promotion Implementation and Evaluation
- Functional Anatomy
- Exercise Prescription and Programming
- Exercise Physiology
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Motor Control and Learning
- Exercise Science Professional Practicum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences Clinical Psychology View 30 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Course Code: 098401F
To be eligible for admission to an undergraduate program at the University of the Sunshine Coast, an applicant needs to:
- be eligible for an OP or Selection Rank equal to or above the minimum OP or selection rank required for consideration in the offer round, through completion of a recognised formal or non-formal qualification, including:
- secondary study
- TAFE/vocational studies
- tertiary studies
- bridging/preparatory study
- other entry qualifications (eg professional qualifications, employment experience, Special Tertiary Admissions Test).
- refer to Pathways to study for more information
International28600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28600 AUD per year during 48 months.
- National Commonwealth supported places
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.