The unprecedentedly rapid development of telecommunication technologies has changed the requirements of the industry. The requirements set forth 5th level engineers have decreased.
The requirements for the deepened knowledge in engineering sciences have increased: engineers should acquire knowledge in coding theory (information protection, knowledge management, etc.), optical processing and transmission of information. In-depth study of these subjects is not incorporated in the standard of professional education.
- Graduates in the Telecommunications programme from Riga Technical University can become consultants, designers, technicians, specialists of telecommunication system analysis and monitoring at telecommunication companies.
- The graduates can work as telecommunication solution development and introduction specialists in companies related to telecommunications and IT.
- Telecommunications Systems
- Supplementary Mathematics (for electrical engineering)
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics
- Electrical Measurements in Telecommunications
- Computer Studies (basic course)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Electronics & Embedded Technology View 3 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in Latvia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary (High) School Graduation Certificate and Transcript with good results, particularly in mathematics and/or physics. Education documents must be accompanied by English translations of all certificates and transcripts along with approval of the documents authenticity.
- Students applying for Bachelor programmes will be asked to record a video interview.
- Students will be asked to take online entrance examination in Mathematics (except for students applying to Faculty of Engineering Econiomics and Management and Faculty of E-Learning Technologies and Humanities).
International2970 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2970 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2700 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.