The Broadcasting - Radio, Television, Film and Digital Media program at Centennial College will prepare you with the creative and technical skills to succeed in the time-based media industry. You'll learn to develop and create original story content as well as to prepare, manage and carry out the production process to realize a creative vision.
In this advanced diploma program, you'll:
- Develop a balance between the industry's artistic and commercial aspects, and be exposed to a variety of industry practices and players;
- Study and practice techniques for effective storytelling in fictional and non-fictional genres as well as client-based and live-to-air productions;
- Gain technical experience with HD broadcasting studios, digital film, television and multiplatform production;
- Participate in, create and contribute to a wide range of student films, digital video productions, and weekly television and multiplatform productions;
- Complete an advanced body of produced work for a professional portfolio;
- Spend 14 weeks in a full-time industry field placement.
- Story content director or producer
- Assistant to story content director or producer
- Assistant director
- Field producer
- Assistant field producer
- Story researcher
- Story writer/screenwriter
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Imaging: Photography
- College Communications
- Story Writing for Media
- The Language of Film
- Working in Media
- Broadcasting: Then & Now
- Digital Media Production
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 63 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission (score of 170 or 171 required)
Applicants are required to submit the following through an online link:
- One sample of your media work in either of these two forms:
- Your own short video (up to five minutes, loaded up on YouTube or Vimeo) or
- A sequence of 10-15 of your own digital photographs loaded up on a photo sharing site such as Flickr
- A two-page creative story written by you on: Materialism, Identity Crisis or Empowerment
- A one page statement of intent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14937 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14937 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National2721 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2721 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.