The Hospitality Management (Hons) program offered by Waterford Institute of Technology is designed to equip graduates with a broad range of business skills combined with a thorough knowledge of the hospitality environment.
During the first semester of year 3, students are required to complete a placement organised by the college in a hospitality organisation in Ireland or abroad. Students are actively involved in the decision making process in order that their choice of work experience is appropriate to their career aspirations and interests. This work experience allows students to gain real experience of working in a hospitality business.
Past companies who have been involved in the placements include: Four Seasons, Hilton, Westin, Mount Juliet Conrad, Park Hotel Kenmare, Jurys-Doyle, Tower Hotel Group and many more.
- Operations Management
- Licensed Premises Manager
- Hospitality Human Resources Manager
- Hospitality Sales & Marketing Managers
- Catering Managers / Restaurant Operators
- Conference and Event Coordinators
- Entertainments Management, Bars, Nightclubs, Venues, Casual Dining
- Front Office and Accommodation Operations
- Basic Financial Accounting
- Applied Communications and IT
- Introduction to Management
- Food & Beverage Service
- Hospitality Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Hospitality Service Operations
- Management Studies
- Advanced Food and Beverage Service
- Communications for research
- Hospitality Marketing
- Beverage Studies
- Conference & Event Marketing
- E-Commerce and Web Authoring
- Language (French, German, Spanish, Italian)
- Strategic Hospitality Finance
- Human Resource Development & Employee Relations
- Strategic Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHospitality Management View 16 other Bachelors in Hospitality Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Minimum entry requirements:
- 2 subjects: H5
- 4 subjects: O6/H7
- English or Irish: O6/H7
- Mathematics: O6/H7
International10250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10250 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waterford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.