Keep pace with the advances in automotive technology and find out how international trends affect national decisions about automotive applications. On this Applied Technology - Automotive Engineering programme at Unitec Institute of Technology you will learn about transport efficiency and sustainability issues, and vehicle systems diagnosis. Learn to be innovative and gain the skills to confidently apply your knowledge in a wide range of situations. Develop an understanding of how to run a small business and manage projects. You’ll also improve your communication and problem-solving skills.
- Critical analysis is an important component of your study: compare and contrast existing automotive systems and modify them where applicable
- Access to multiple well-equipped specialist workshops and laboratories
- Access to a range of vehicles for project work
- Undertake a major industry project in your final year where you can make valuable contacts for your future career in the automotive industry
Engineering Computer Aided Design
Vehicle Power Transmission
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For this programme you will need:
- To have successfully completed a relevant Level 3 New Zealand Certificate or higher, or a comparable qualification in a relevant discipline or as approved by the Academic Leader.
- 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori (4 in reading, 4 in writing).
- If English is not your first language, you will need one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University Entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
International15459 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15459 USD per year during 36 months.
National4678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4678 USD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic/NZ students
- International students
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.