The Tourism Marketing (Hons) program offered by Waterford Institute of Technology is designed to develop necessary managerial and marketing abilities.
Students undertake a Professional Practice module in Year Two in preparation for a period of tourism placement during the summer between years two and three. This experience will provide the learner with the opportunity to apply theory to a practical context and help the student to finalise future career plans. The placement can be taken in Ireland or internationally.
Students are required to study a foreign language for the first two years of the programme and after this it is offered as an elective. At present, the choice includes:
- Italian - (beginners)
- Spanish - (beginners)
- German - (beginners)
- French - (Post Leaving Cert Level)
- Visitor facilities, attractions and heritage centres
- Public and non-profit making organisations including government organisations, Regional Tourist Authorities, community groups and tourism co-operatives
- Inbound and outbound tour operations
- Transport industry
- Hospitality industry and in the major group marketing agencies for the hospitality industry
- Travel agency sector
- Self-employment in small and medium tourism enterprises
- The Tourism System
- The Strategic Marketing Mix
- Foundations of Marketing
- Organisation Behaviour
- Introduction to Communications and Information Technology
- Applied Communication and Information Technology
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Economics of Tourism
- Business Law
- Market Research Theory
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- Intercultural Studies
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Tourism
- Services Marketing
- Tourism Branding
- The Impacts of Tourism
- Professional Practice
- E-Commerce & Web Authoring
- Travel & Tour Operations
- Advertising Management
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Facilities Asset Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMarketing Tourism & Leisure View 18 other Bachelors in Tourism & Leisure in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Minimum entry requirements:
- 2 subjects: H5
- 4 subjects: O6/H7
- English or Irish: O6/H7
- Mathematics: O6/H7
International10250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10250 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Waterford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.