The Applied Healthcare course from Waterford Institute of Technology also prepares students for the emerging area of internet and telephone health care delivery. Clinical experience is an essential element of the course. Placement occurs in each year of the course, which allows the student to put theory into practice in a real health care setting.
Reasons to Choose this Course
- The BSc in Applied healthcare is an excellent choice for students interested in exploring numerous potential career paths within healthcare.
- This course is delivered in a purpose-built, state-of-the-art learning environment and students undertake clinical practice in a variety of healthcare settings around the south east region.
- You will be taught over three years through a model that we call KSVSE (Knowledge, Science, Values and Attitudes, Skills and Experience).
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Care of Older Adult
- Fundamentals of Care
- Psychology for Health Care
- Medical Surgery Care
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Introduction to Healthcare Informatics
- Professional Development & Community
- Pharmacology for Health Care
- Introduction to Mental Health Care
- Introduction to Evidence
- Based Health Care
- Management of Care
- Introduction to Intellectual Diability Care
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 7 other Bachelors in Health Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Minimum entry requirements:
- 5 subjects: O6/H7
- English or Irish: O6/H7
- Mathematics: O6/H7
International10250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10250 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Waterford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.