The curriculum of the Food and Nutritional Sciences - Food Science program of Tuskegee University is intended to give a firm foundation in science and technology associated with food product development and food processing as they relate to the human body.
Areas of Study
Students majoring in both food science and nutrition have a common curriculum in their freshman year. Beginning in their sophomore year, students take specialized courses in food science and related areas. Upon graduation, several career options are available to those majoring in food science. These include research and training programs in the food industry, opportunities in teaching and research, and administrative careers in food and related industries.
The program offers excellent preparation for graduate study in food science, nutritional science or several related areas. This program is Approved by the Committee on Higher Education Review Board(HERB), Institute of Food Technologists, Chicago, IL, the national accrediting body of undergraduate food science programs across the United States.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- General Chemistry
- Food Science
- Nutrition, Wellness and Health
- Organismic Biology
- General Microbiology
- Management of Basic Food Production
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Food Sciences View 1784 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
- Submit your Admissions Application
- Submit your $35 non-refundable application fee
- Submit your official high school, college, and/or university transcripts to World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for evaluation; a course-by-coures and grade point average evaluation is required. Students are required to pay the processing fees to WES or ECE. Evaluated transcripts should be mailed directly to Tuskegee University from WES or ECE.
- If applicable, submit your official transcript(s) from all U.S. colleges and/or universities attended.
- Submit your official test scores from the IELTS or TOEFL
- Submit a Financial Affidavit of support and supporting bank letter.
- Submit your SAT 1 or ACT test scores
- If applicable, submit results of an English as a Second Language (ESOL) Program from all U.S. Colleges or Universities attended.
International19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Tuskegee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.