Chemical Engineering is concerned with the economic conversion of basic raw materials into useful products for society. Included in industrial groups are petrochemical, synthetic fuels, metals, foods, synthetic materials and fibers, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, fertilizers and coal tar products. Chemical engineers are concerned with chemical reactions and the separation of complex mixtures into their components. Chemical engineers rely on applied mathematics, physical chemistry, reaction kinetics, thermodynamics, and other engineering subjects, including computer technology and economics for their basic backgrounds. Chemical engineers are also particularly well qualified for the technological solution of environmental, ecological and biomedical problems.
A chemical engineering option in environmental engineering is available to those students who are interested in working in environmental areas after graduation. The curriculum for this option includes courses in environmental engineering and sciences.
Biochemical Engineering Option
Chemical engineering students who are interested in working in the biochemical engineering industry (such as pharmaceutical) can select the biochemical engineering option. The curriculum for this option includes courses in biology, biochemistry, biochemical engineering and microbiology to prepare students for careers in this industry.
Chemical Engineering students, who are interested in attending medical school, can select the pre-med option. The curriculum for this option includes courses in biology and the second part of organic chemistry to prepare students for medical school.
The mission of the Chemical Engineering program of Tuskegee University is to produce graduates of superior technical, professional and scientific background in chemical engineering who can perform effectively and embrace education as a lifelong endeavor.
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years after graduation, our graduates will:
- be successful practitioners in chemical and related industries, private practice or government.
- be engaged in graduate studies or continuing education endeavors in chemical engineering or related fields.
- be engaged in professional development commensurate with a career by participating instructured professional activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- Analytic Geometry & Calculus
- Material and Energy Balances
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Ethics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 267 other Bachelors in Chemical Engineering in United States
- Submit your Admissions Application
- Submit your $35 non-refundable application fee
- Submit your official high school, college, and/or university transcripts to World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for evaluation; a course-by-coures and grade point average evaluation is required. Students are required to pay the processing fees to WES or ECE. Evaluated transcripts should be mailed directly to Tuskegee University from WES or ECE.
- If applicable, submit your official transcript(s) from all U.S. colleges and/or universities attended.
- Submit your official test scores from the IELTS or TOEFL
- Submit a Financial Affidavit of support and supporting bank letter.
- Submit your SAT 1 or ACT test scores
- If applicable, submit results of an English as a Second Language (ESOL) Program from all U.S. Colleges or Universities attended.
International19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9797 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Tuskegee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.