Upon graduation, you will be eligible to take the National Council Licensing Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX–RN).
What To Expect As A Nursing Student
You'll start by fulfilling your prerequisites during your first two years at Norfolk State University and begin the Traditional Nursing program in year three. Here's what to expect in the Nursing Program:
- A challenging curriculum that combines both classroom and clinical learning (link to courses)
- Between 6 to 12 hours a day spent in clinical settings, including the simulation lab and affiliated healthcare facilities (link to info on partner facilities)
- Program completion in 22 months, after admittance to the Traditional Nursing Program
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nursing Seminar
- Problems in Nursing
- Nursing Theory
- Nursing Informatics
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Essentials Nursing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Nursing View 326 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Norfolk State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed undergraduate application
- Credit card: we accept MasterCard, VISA or Discover Card
- Credit card payments can be made by calling
- Official or certified copies of records of all your academic work (in native language and in English) sent directly from school and examination results sent from examination council
- Official TOEFL scores for non-native English speakers
- SAT I or ACT scores for non-transfer students under 21 years of age
- SEVIS Information Form
- Financial documents including bank statements and certified Affidavit of Support and/or scholarship award letter
- Transfer Eligibility Certificate (transfer students only)
- $25 (USD) application fee
International21550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21550 USD per year during 48 months.
National21550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21550 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9622 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.