At Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of North Carolina Asheville, to understand the complex mix of cultural, economic, and political forces that shape our worldwide community, majors can design their own curriculum with courses from political science, economics, mass communication, philosophy, and more.
Graduates with Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of North Carolina Asheville will:
- learn how to solve problems facing contemporary societies on local and global levels,
- be prepared for careers in government, business, law, humanitarian organizations, journalism, the arts, teaching, and more.
- gain hands-on learning is a highlight of our program, and students can delve into a topic they’re passionate about through undergraduate research and study abroad.
- Africana Studies
- American Indian and Indigenous Studies
- Arts Management and Entrepreneurship
- Asian Studies
- International Studies
- Latin American and Transatlantic Studies
- Legal Studies
- U.S. Ethnic Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies General Studies & Classics View 3073 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the application. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply online using the UNC Asheville application (CFNC) or the Common Application.
- Arrange for your official school transcripts to be sent to us. All freshman applicants are required to submit an official transcript from their secondary school. All foreign academic transcripts must be evaluated by WES, SpanTran, or another NACES approved evaluation service and translated into English.
- Two counselor or teacher recommendation forms.
- 250 word essay or personal statement.
- We’ll ask you to share your English proficiency exam scores when you apply – the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Duolingo English Test (DET).
- Submit the I-20 Packet
International24728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12364 USD per semester during 48 months.
National24728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12364 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3690 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Asheville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.