Health and Wellness Promotion from University of North Carolina Asheville students will receive an integrative and holistic educational experience that includes gaining foundational knowledge in human physiology, chronic disease, nutrition, exercise science, mental and emotional health, research methodologies, and public and community health.
Building on this foundation, you will have the opportunity to choose one of three concentrations within the Health and Wellness Promotion major:
- Health Sciences
- Public Health
- General Health and Wellness Promotion
- Students interested in Health Sciences pursue careers in areas such as physical therapy, nursing, medicine, occupational therapy, neuroscience, counseling, holistic health, nutrition, and exercise science.
- Students interested in Public Health pursue careers in areas including health promotion and program coordination in and with community-based organizations, public health departments, schools, care facilities, hospitals, businesses, and other entities. Public health graduates also pursue graduate studies in fields such as community health, health behavior and society, epidemiology, health policy and management, mental health counseling, social work and other fields.
- Students interested in General Health and Wellness Promotion pursue careers in community health, health education, fitness and nutrition promotion, and holistic health modalities in a variety of settings such as non-profit organizations, gyms and fitness facilities, workplaces, educational settings and government agencies.
- The Science of Physical Activity and Exercise
- Mental and Emotional Health
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Community Health Promotion: Theory and Practice
- Exercise and Sport Physiology
- Food is Medicine
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 2048 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application for admission.
- Non-refundable application fee of $75. This payment does not apply to other university fees.
- Official high school transcripts, provided by the school, to UNC Asheville’s Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Home schooled applicants who are NC residents must submit a copy of the “Home School Eligibility Certification,” issued by the NC Division of Non-Public Instruction. Non-North Carolina residents must submit official documentation indicating the home school is approved to provide instruction. Official transcripts should include the notarized signature of the home school official.
- Submit SAT and ACT test scores;Two counselor or teacher recommendation forms.
- 250 word essay or personal statement.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are required.
- Submit the I-20 Packet
International34542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34542 USD per year during 48 months.
National34542 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34542 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State17194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17194 USD per year during 48 months.
The annual direct cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, housing and dining services.
Online tuition per credit:
- In state - 157 USD
- Out of state - 743 USD
Living costs for Asheville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.