The curriculum offers you the choice of two different tracks of study to best meet your interests and goals:
- Theological Studies: Focusing on the rich heritage of the Catholic tradition, this academic track will provide you with the knowledge and skills appropriate for careers in theology and ministry.
- Religion, Politics and Civil Society: Emphasizing the role of diverse religious traditions in the formation of modern society, this track helps you build a foundation for activism, inter-faith and social justice leadership.
Why Study Religion at Saint Xavier University?
- SXU Community: Since 1846, Saint Xavier has been guided by the charism of the Sisters of Mercy to work for social justice within the city of Chicago. Studying at Saint Xavier will allow you to work within this tradition, not only as part of the university's own ministry programs, but with a range of institutions in a major metropolitan area.
- Personalized experience: Small class sizes and opportunities for individualized research projects mean that you will be able to work closely with your faculty to discern and follow a path based on your interests.
- Academic success: Religious Studies graduates have gone on to professional and academic careers in social service, ministry, higher education and business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Christian Theology: The Human Person
- Suffering and Death
- Church and Sacraments
- Theologies of Oppression and Empowerment
- Theology Semina
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 835 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Online application for undergraduate admission.
- Transcript evaluation from either Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES). The evaluation should show the student has achieved the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma.
- Letter of recommendation attesting to the student's ability to succeed in college and proficiency in English
- A notarized affidavit of support form (PDF) and notarized bank letter showing the student has financial sponsorship in the amount of $35,000 (or $47,000 if living on campus). The bank letter must be written in English by the sponsor's bank or must be translated into English.
- A photocopy or facsimile of the identification page and expiration page of the student's passport.
International33960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33960 USD per year during 48 months.
National33960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33960 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago Ridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.