The Hotel Management (Honours) from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University prepares students for careers at the management level in the hotel, food service, and broader service industries, either locally or internationally.
Students learn to be customer-focused, analytical and independent, and at the same time develop communication and leadership skills. They also gain a global perspective to meet the growing challenges that are faced by the dynamic hotel and food service industries.
After some years of experience, BSc(Hons) in Hotel Management graduates will be qualified for management positions in the hotel, food service and broader service sectors, depending on their chosen Career Track, Minor and/or Free Electives taken.
Career opportunities for graduates of this programme include those in hotels, cruise ships, hostels, staff/visitor quarters in hospitals and institutions, serviced apartments, independent restaurants, restaurant chains, dining and catering facilities in hotels, cruise ships, conference and exhibition centres, shopping malls, hospitals, clubs and associations, and institutions.
- In Year One, students are introduced to university study and participate in subjects such as Freshman Seminar, Leadership and Intra-personal Development. They are required to complete a Healthy Lifestyle subject and some Language and Communication Requirement (LCR) subjects. They also study introductory subjects in hotel and tourism management.
- Starting from Year Two, students in the BSc(Hons) in Hotel Management programme begin to take subjects in the hotel and food and beverage management area and learn the basics of hotel and food and beverage operations.
- In Year Three, students begin to take advanced subjects in hotel and food and beverage management and finish the subjects in their chosen Career Track, Minor and/or Free Electives. Subjects during this year begin to focus more on case studies and applications in Hotel Management.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 8 other Bachelors in Hospitality Management in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission Score CalculationThe "best" 5 HKDSE subjects (after subject weightings have been applied) will be taken into account.
- For those applying on the basis of other local qualifications:
- An appropriate Diploma passed with credit or a Higher Certificate from a recognised institution; OR
- An appropriate Associate Degree / Higher Diploma from a recognised institution (suitable candidates will be considered for advanced standing entry to the senior year curriculum).
International18471 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18471 USD per year during 48 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 48 months.
- HK$42,100 per academic year for local students.
- For non-local students, the tuition fee is HK$145,000
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.