In addition to professional competencies, the programme cultivates students’ other essential competencies, such as entrepreneurship, social media marketing, and business analytics, expanding graduates’ skillsets for today’s business environment.
Graduates of the Fashion and Textiles (Honours) programme of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University possess personal excellence in leadership, teamwork, healthy lifestyle and lifelong learning; they become trend leaders, innovators, critical thinkers and creative problem solvers; they deploy effective communication and interpersonal skills, and show strong biliteracy and trilingualism; and they become responsible global and ethical leaders and citizens who promote social and national responsibility, engage in local and international affairs, and exhibit cultural and aesthetic appreciation with a global perspective.
Graduates have career opportunities in the fashion and textile industry and related fields, including:
- Fashion and textile design
- Knitwear design
- Product development
- Pattern making
- Marketing/sales management
- Fashion retailing
- Social media analytics
- Luxury brand management
- Global fashion management
- Quality and colour control
- All students will start the programme with three common semesters, which provide a foundation based on the major activities of the fashion and textiles industry. After the common semesters, students will be streamed to one of the five specialisms according to their individual preferences.
- For the design related specialisms, i.e., Design, and Knitwear Design & Technology, students must pass a Design and Drawing test and an interview for admittance. A student may select to take the Design and Drawing test and the interview either before admission to the Scheme or at the end of the third semester.
- In principle, all students are offered a free choice of specialism. However, a contingency procedure will be followed in the unlikely event that a particular specialism is over-subscribed.
- For those who are applying on the basis of A-Level qualifications: E in 3 A-Level subjects OR E in 2 A-Level and 2 AS-Level subjects;
- For those who are applying on the basis of International Baccalaureate (IB): a minimum score of 24 with at least grade 4 in 2 Higher Level (HL) subjects;
- For those who are applying on the basis of other qualifications: an appropriate Diploma passed with credit or an appropriate Higher Certificate from a recognised institution; an appropriate Associate Degree / Higher Diploma from a recognised institution; holder of other non-local qualifications (please refer to our Guidelines on Non-local Qualifications for more details about our general requirements for such qualifications)
- Satisfy the English Language Requirement.
International18684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18684 USD per year during 48 months.
National5425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5425 USD per year during 48 months.
- National: 42,100 HKD per year
- International: 145,000 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.