The Human Resource Management programme of the Open University of Hong Kong aims to help students understand and apply the theoretical aspects of different human resource management functions, including recruitment and selection, employee relations, training and development, and compensation.
Programme intended learning outcomes
- Explain and critically review business theories and concepts to identify issues, analyse situations, and develop solutions for multi-faceted problems in organisational settings.
- Critically evaluate issues and make informed judgements in view of the organisation’s strategies as well as ethical considerations.
- Make contributions as a leader and member in a team setting and communicate effectively.
- Command knowledge of the practices and activities of key aspects of human resource management.
- Integrate and apply advanced analytical skills to address issues and make decisions and recommendations related to human resource management.
- Business Issues and Ethics
- Theory and Design of Organizations
- Managing in Organizations
- Managing Key Functions in Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management: A Strategic Approach
- Strategic Human Resource Management Issues
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Human Resource Management View 6 other Bachelors in Business Administration in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) qualifications are required to obtain Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, as well as Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and an elective subject (or equivalent).
- Applicants with local academic qualifications other than HKDSE are required to:
- Complete Year 1 study of a recognized Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programme; or
- Obtain Grade E or above in AS Chinese Language & Culture and Use of English, and 2 AL / 1 AL plus 2 AS / 4 AS subjects in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (or equivalent).
- Applicants with non-local academic qualifications are required to obtain:
- Grade E or above in 2 AL / 1AL plus 2 AS subjects5 in the General Certificate of Education AL / International AL; or
- An overall minimum score of 24 in the International Baccalaureate Diploma; or
- Other equivalent overseas academic qualifications (as determined by the University).
International10908 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10908 USD per year during 36 months.
National8391 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8391 USD per year during 36 months.
- National: 65,480 HKD per year
- International: 85,124 HKD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.