Courses covering global capital markets equip students to meet the challenges of globalization. The Banking and Finance programme of the Open University of Hong Kong enables our students to become effective and efficient bankers and financial analysts in their specialized areas.
Programme intended learning outcomes
- Explain and critically review business theories and concepts to identify issues, analyse situations, and develop solutions for multi-faceted problems in organisational settings.
- Critically evaluate issues and make informed judgements in view of the organisation’s strategies as well as ethical considerations.
- Make contributions as a leader and member in a team setting and communicate effectively.
- Command knowledge of the practices and activities of key aspects of banking and financial systems.
- Integrate and apply advanced analytical skills to address issues and make financial decisions related to organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Company Accounting
- Business Issues and Ethics
- Investment Management
- Financial Decision Making
- Banking Systems
- Financial Markets
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 3 other Bachelors in Finance in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) qualifications are required to obtain Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, as well as Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and an elective subject (or equivalent).
- Applicants with local academic qualifications other than HKDSE are required to:
- Complete Year 1 study of a recognized Associate Degree or Higher Diploma programme; or
- Obtain Grade E or above in AS Chinese Language & Culture and Use of English, and 2 AL / 1 AL plus 2 AS / 4 AS subjects in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (or equivalent).
- Applicants with non-local academic qualifications are required to obtain:
- Grade E or above in 2 AL / 1AL plus 2 AS subjects5 in the General Certificate of Education AL / International AL; or
- An overall minimum score of 24 in the International Baccalaureate Diploma; or
- Other equivalent overseas academic qualifications (as determined by the University).
International10983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10983 USD per year during 36 months.
National8448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8448 USD per year during 36 months.
- National: 65,480 HKD per year
- International: 85,124 HKD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.