The Financial Services (Honours) program of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University prepares students for careers in financial services. Emphasis is placed on developing critical thinking and analytical skills, which enable a better understanding of, and allow graduates to deal with, the increasingly complex business issues that they face.
The programme offers a wide range of subject choices in the field of finance and financial services. For example, students are offered the opportunity to study subjects that focus on investments, banking, derivatives, insurance, corporate finance and financial planning.
All students within the Faculty of Business are encouraged to participate in the Whole Person Development Programme (WPDP), which includes a range of extracurricular activities, such as leadership training camps, peer tutoring, mentorship, and overseas and the Chinese mainland exchanges.
Graduates with a BBA(Hons) in Financial Services are well qualified to advance their careers in banking, investment, insurance, stockbroking, treasury, finance, general commerce and industry.
- In Years One and Two, students study the university core curriculum subjects such as Language & Communication, Freshman Seminar, Leadership & Intra-Personal Development, Service-Learning, and Healthy Lifestyle, as well as fundamental business subjects, such as Accounting, Business Law, Economics, Finance, Information Technology, Management and Marketing Subjects.
- In Years Three and Four, students continue their general business education, by taking such subjects as Strategic Management and Corporate Social Responsibility, and also study finance and financial services in greater depth through such subjects as Financial Planning, Investments, Principles of Insurance, Risk Management, and Management of Financial Institutions. Students also have the opportunity to choose Electives from a range of finance and financial services subjects.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
120 (plus 3 training credits)
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 19 other Bachelors in Economics in Hong Kong (SAR)
- For those who are applying on the basis of A-Level qualifications: E in 3 A-Level subjects OR E in 2 A-Level and 2 AS-Level subjects;
- For those who are applying on the basis of International Baccalaureate (IB): a minimum score of 24 with at least grade 4 in 2 Higher Level (HL) subjects;
- For those who are applying on the basis of other qualifications: an appropriate Diploma passed with credit or an appropriate Higher Certificate from a recognised institution; an appropriate Associate Degree / Higher Diploma from a recognised institution; holder of other non-local qualifications (please refer to our Guidelines on Non-local Qualifications for more details about our general requirements for such qualifications)
- Satisfy the English Language Requirement.
International18684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18684 USD per year during 48 months.
National5425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5425 USD per year during 48 months.
- National: 42,100 HKD per year
- International: 145,000 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.