The core areas of study include Process courses which addresses the fundamental skills and techniques and understanding essential for health educators. This section includes courses of study in foundations, theories and methods (e.g., Health Communication, Social Marketing, Media Advocacy, Coalition), Program Planning, Evaluation, Health Policy, Epidemiology, and Environmental Health.
The Community Health content area at Louisiana State University in Shreveport provides the basic knowledge of the environment, nutrition, drug and sex education, health aspects of aging, and terminology. The fitness component provides the opportunity to engage in physically active lifestyle. Completion of B. S. in Community Health prepares individuals for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) examination. For additional information about CHES, visit the CHES website.
In addition, the Community Health department from Louisiana State University in Shreveport has articulations with Bossier Parish Community College's Physical Therapy Assistant Program and Occupational Therapy Assistant Program; and with Southern University in Shreveport Louisiana's programs in Dental Hygience, Health Information Technology, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Therapy Technology, Medicl Laboratory Technician, and Surgical Technology for completion of the Bachelor of Science in Community Health.*
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The program requires each individual to select one of six concentrations or the option of an approved minor. The concentrations include:
- Non-Profit Leadership Alliance, a specialty certification for those interested in management of nonprofit organizations
- Health Behavior, enhanced study of health focusing on human behavior resultant health decisions making and practices
- Physical Activity for those individuals desiring expertise in fitness and wellness venue and well as strength and conditioning, designed to comply with the Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist and or National Strength and Conditioning Association
- PrePhysical Therapy and Pre-Occupational Therapy, which fulfills the prerequisite for the LSU Health Sciences Center admission to Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy programs.
- Health Fitness Management (with a Minor in Business Administration)
- Strength and Conditoniing
- or Approved minor
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 685 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Have completed or be on track to complete the Board of Regents High School Core curriculum.
- Have a cumulative High School GPA of at least 2.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Meet both of the following ACT/SAT sub-score requirements: Cumulative CORE GPA of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) OR an ACT composite score of at least a 20 (SAT score of 1030-1050)ACT English sub-score greater than or equal to an 18 (SAT ERW 500)
- ACT math sub-score greater than or equal to a 19 (SAT math 510)
International18526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9263 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National18526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9263 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State5372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2686 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.