As an elementary education major at SU, you'll complete a rigorous program of study that meets state and national standards. The Elementary Education degree from Salisbury University is fully accredited by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation and National Association for the Education of Young Children and is approved by the Maryland State Department of Education for elementary school teacher certification (grades 1-6). These high standards we uphold have resulted in our 100% licensing exam pass rate. That's great news for you!
Careers for Elementary Education Majors
What is the best major for elementary school teacher? What can you do as an elementary education major? A background in elementary education goes beyond the classroom. While many of our students aspire to become elementary school teachers, you could also find your fit as one of the following:
- Child Care Worker
- Children’s Museum Project Coordinator
- Disabilities Specialist
- Family Services Worker
- Learning Mentor
- Youth Sports Coach
- Collaboration and Cooperation in Early Childhood Communities
- Integrated Reading and Language Arts Birth-Age 4
- Play and Creativity in Early Childhood Education
- Integrating Early Childhood Curriculum
- Teaching Mathematics in Early Childhood Classrooms
- Teaching Science in Early Childhood Classrooms
- Teaching Social Studies in Early Childhood Classrooms
- Early Childhood Education Clinical Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Students may still submit an application after the deadline, but it will be considered on a space-available basis, which may delay the response received.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Primary Education View 1594 other Bachelors in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply Online
- Official Transcripts, Diploma, Mark sheets - Original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended are required.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Official SAT or ACT Score - Though not required, international students are encouraged to provide SAT or ACT scores to Salisbury for admission and scholarship consideration.
- Letter of Recommendation and Personal Statement - Though not required, a letter of recommendation and a personal statement are strongly encouraged.
International20872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20872 USD per year during 48 months.
National20872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20872 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10396 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Salisbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.