You can choose between one of our three Geography degree options. The Bachelor of Arts in Geography provides a solid foundation in physical and human geography with a focus on the cultural, economic, political, and social influences. The Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Geography course at Nipissing University concentrates on the causes and effects of various environmental issues. The Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Physical Geography focuses on geography as an earth science and integrates mathematics, biology, geology, chemistry, and physics with geography-specific courses.
As a large and diverse area of study, your career choices with a Geography degree are vast. You might eventually pursue work as an oceanographer, pollution control inspector, paleontologist, water inspector, meteorologist, urban and land use planner, seismologist, or mapping technologist…just to name a few! Our students have also gone on to very successful careers with government agencies and private businesses as conservation officers, geomatic technicians, land use planners, policy advisors, and researchers.
Many students decide to continue onto graduate-level Masters and Doctorate degrees, while others enter professional schools like law and teaching. The sky’s the limit!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- People, Place and Environment
- GIS and the Earth from Space
- Landscapes and Surface Processes
- Weather and Climate
- Physical Hydrology
- Cultural Geography
- Cities in a Changing World
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Sciences View 112 other Bachelors in Geography in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- official transcripts from all institutions (domestic or international) previously or presently attended, secondary schools, colleges and universities (Domestic and international applicants who have attended postsecondary institutions outside of North America must have their transcripts assessed (Credential Evaluation Report, including a Course-By-Course Analysis);
- proof of name change, if academic documents show a name other than that under which application is made (i.e. marriage registration, notarized statements of legal name change or other legal documents); and,
- evidence of English language proficiency, if English is not the applicant’s first language.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 CAD per year during 48 months.
National5781 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5781 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for North Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.