Together with the Canadian Coast Guard College (CCGC), the Bachelor of Technology (Nautical Science) is a unique program at the Cape Breton University where students focus on marine safety and environmental protection. From a career in marine engineering, navigation or even as a ship’s officer, you will learn watch-keeping, environmental response procedures and search and rescue.
Students gain hands-on experience as they learn to maneuver a variety of vessels in all types of sea and ice conditions. You will become comfortable operating numerous engineering systems aboard a real vessel. Systems include hydraulics, propulsion plant, air conditioning systems and electrical and electronic systems. There are also opportunities for using a state-of-the-art propulsion plant simulator and practical training at the CCG College and at sea.
What skills will I gain from this program?
- Canadian Coast Guard skills
- Latest in marine technology
- Marine safety and security
- Life-saving skills
- Social responsibility
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Officer cadets are encouraged to live a healthy lifestyle at our multi-functional wellness centre which includes a 25-metre swimming pool, double gymnasium, modern fitness rooms and squash court, as well as lunchtime classes such as crossFit and yoga.
- Students often take part in community sports and clubs, such as hockey, triathlons, Cabot Trail Relay, swim meets and boat regattas.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Engineering View 5 other Masters in Marine Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An overall average of 65% is required for all students applying to most CBU credit programs based on high school performance. Additional requirements may apply to specific programs.
- If space permits, CBU will accept all candidates who can verify that they have met the minimum entry requirements established by CBU for the programs in which they wish to enroll.
- Note: CBU does not guarantee that applications completed after August 1, will be processed for September registration.
International8280 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8280 CAD per year during 48 months.
National8280 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8280 CAD per year during 48 months.
In-State6997 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6997 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.