The Fashion Design and Merchandising program at Clark Atlanta University covers both the retailers and manufacturers needs for merchandisers and product developers. Merchandising reflects the planning, organizational, and sales aspects of the fashion business. Students learn how to merchandise apparel products and how to develop planning modules. They will understand target markets and how to develop promotional plans for various products and events to meet the goals of a successful business.
The opportunities for employment are varied and depend upon the student’s interests and abilities. Careers are available in retailing as buyer, planner, manager, fashion coordinator, market researcher; in promotion ad display coordinator, public relations director, advertising manager; in wholesaling as manufacturing representative, showroom sales associate, and in apparel and textile manufacturing as sales associate, piece goods buyer, merchandising manager, market research; in publications as Fashion Stylist, advertising manager, fashion editor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Imaging Basics
- Principles of Fashion Industry
- History of Costume
- Visual Merchandising
- Promotional Planning Strategies
- Retail Management
- Fashion Show Production
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion Design View 156 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission: either The Common Application, Clark Atlanta Application, OR the Common Black College Application
- Non-refundable $35 application fee
- Official high school transcript(s) or GED certificate
- Test score results from the SAT or ACT. International students from non-English speaking secondary schools may submit the TOEFL or IELTS instead of the ACT or SAT.
- One letter of recommendation from a high school counselor
- Guidance Counselor Recommendation Form
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher
- Teacher Recommendation Form
- Resume (optional)
- Essay Topics: Students using the Common App may use any of the essay prompts provided. Students submitting an essay separately from their application should write 500 words or less on ONE of the following topics:
- How do you feel Clark Atlanta University would prepare you for future leadership?
- Who has had the greatest influence in your life thus far, and why?
International18990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18990 USD per year during 48 months.
National18990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18990 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State18990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18990 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.