Using a curriculum that concentrates on generalist social work practice, the primary mission of the undergraduate Social Work program at Monmouth University is to prepare students for beginning professional level social work practice.
Secondary goals include introducing other students in the college and individuals in the surrounding community, to relevant social work and social welfare issues, and preparing social work students for graduate social work education.
The program attempts to inoculate students with the knowledge, values, skills, and ethics necessary for the competent practice of the Social Work profession.
Fieldwork is at the core of social work education. It’s a rewarding and challenging experience that will prepare you for the start of your professional career in social work. It is also a major commitment and usually generates the most questions. The Office of Field and Professional Education has assembled the most frequently asked questions, along with their respective answers, into a single factsheet.
The program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education since 1975.
- Introduction to Social Work
- Writing for Social Work
- Human Behavior & Social Environment
- Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families
- Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families Lab
- Social Welfare: Policies & Services
- Social Work Research Methods
- Social Work Practice with Communities
- Practice Evaluation in Social Work
- Social Work Practice with Groups
- Field Practice in Social Work
- Advanced Field Practice in Social Work
- Seminar in Social Work
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Organisational Behaviour View 179 other Bachelors in Organisational Behaviour in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Monmouth University online Application for Admission
- $50 application fee
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Letter of recommendation
- Standardized test scores (for applicants entering the class of 2021 who choose the Traditional Application Review)
International39968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19984 USD per semester during 48 months.
National39968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19984 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.