The department provides students the opportunities to explore self-expression and scholarship, build knowledge and acquire skills, and develop an understanding of how creativity is articulated through fine art and design. Our purpose is to empower students with lives rich in artistic expression and professional achievement that will contribute to a diverse and democratic society.
The Art - Drawing, Painting and Printmaking degree is oriented for those students whose objectives are inclined toward liberal arts training within a most rigorous professional studio arts program. Both our BA and BFA degrees are planned to enhance visual perception, cultivate independent thinking and prepare students for a variety of careers that require a keenly developed sensitivity in the visual arts.
William Paterson University of New Jersey is a public institution that offers an outstanding and affordable education to a diverse traditional and nontraditional student body through baccalaureate, graduate and continuing education programs.
The University's distinguished teachers, scholars and professionals actively challenge students to high levels of intellectual and professional accomplishment and personal growth in preparation for careers, advanced studies and productive citizenship. Faculty and staff use innovative approaches to research, learning and student support to expand students’ awareness of what they can accomplish.
Accredited by NASAD, National Association of Schools of Art and Design, William Paterson University has twenty full-time faculty who are complemented by a professional staff of lab technicians, gallery directors and administrative assistants.
- Caves to Cathedrals
- Renaissance to Revolution
- Modern Art
- Drawing Studio
- 3-D Design
- 2-D Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Fine Arts View 2666 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at William Paterson University of New Jersey and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be enrolled as a freshman, you must have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma and have never attended a college or university. Admission for international students is based on a review of the appropriate educational documents as well as proficiency in English as measured by the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Testing System (IELTS).
- As part of the application process, you must have your international transcript evaluated into U.S. credits. Although it is not required for international students, we strongly recommend taking and submitting scores for the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and/ or American College Test (ACT). To be considered for certain majors and/or merit scholarships, the SAT and/or ACT is required.
International23192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11596 USD per semester during 48 months.
National23192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11596 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State14192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7096 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Passaic
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.