Iona College offers undergraduate programs in Childhood Education (with the option of a dual concentration in Early Childhood Education) and Adolescence Education (Grades 7-12) in the subjects of Biology, English, Mathematics, Social Studies and Spanish. Additionally, a dual-degree program leading to a BS in Chemistry and an MST in Adolescence Education in Chemistry are offered in conjunction with the department. See separate application and program information for the dual-degree program.
From campus to classroom in just two semesters
Students eager to get in front of students in the classroom you won’t be disappointed! We focus on integrating theory and practice by providing field placement opportunities within the first two years. Beginning sophomore year, students will spend time observing and participating in classrooms of local schools, completing two intensive fieldwork experiences prior to student teaching.
These opportunities for students to perfect their teaching skills before completing their degree contribute significantly to Iona’s impressive job placement rate, which is among the highest of all schools in the area.
- Foundational Theory
- Introduction to Special Education
- Introductory Field Experience
- Field Experience
- Instruction and Assessment Strategies on the Secondary Level
- Literacy and Learning in the Middle and Secondary Schools
- Literacy Across the Curriculum: Teaching Reading in the Content Areas
- Adolescent Psychology
- Capstone: Observation and Student Teaching for Teaching Adolescence Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Fall semester: National students deadline- 15.02.2020
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 782 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application (online)
- High school transcript, translated into English
- Evaluation of International credentials
- SAT or ACT scores
- External examination results or leaving certificate appropriate to your country, such as "A-levels," CXC's, Baccalaureate or Abitur
- Application for I-20
- Evaluation of international college transcript performed by one of the evaluation services recognized by NACES applicable only to international transfer students
International39380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39380 USD per year during 48 months.
National39380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39380 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.