With half the program dedicated to a thesis-based experience of independent research conducted professionally, the program will prepare individuals for professional or research work in the disciplinary field of their preference by providing training in theory, methodology and epistemology.
This Bachelor of Arts (Creative Arts) (Honours) from Federation University Australia involves study in ceramics/3D, drawing, printmaking, photography, painting, performance and dance.
- Arts and cultural planner
- Commercial potter
- Creative director
- Cultural development officer
- Cultural heritage officer
- Gallery assistant
- Jewellery designer/maker
- Museum curator/technician
- Photo journalist
- Screen printer
- Set designer
- Textile designer
- Visual merchandiser
- Art/creative director
Honours graduates are highly valued for research work (academic and professional), and are especially prepared for a higher degree by research such as a PhD.
- Studio Project
- Research Design, Management and Methods
- Literature Review
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Liberal Arts View 160 other Bachelors in Design in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Federation University Australia and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completion of an Australian undergraduate degree or overseas equivalent with at least a Distinction (or equivalent) average in final year lever courses.
- All applicants must complete and submit the Research Proposal form as part of their application. Students will normally have a short thesis topic approved before applying, developed in consultation with a potential supervisor and the Honours Coordinator.
- CRICOS code: 097880E (Camp St), 097880E (Churchill), 097880E (Mt Helen)
International22200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22200 AUD per year during 12 months.
National8301 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8301 AUD per year during 12 months.
- National students: Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)
Living costs for Ballarat
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.