- The department participates in the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) Visiting Student Program (located in New York City). Fashion Merchandising majors who meet eligibility requirements may opt to spend one year (junior year) at FIT for an additional degree (A.A.S.) in advertising and marketing communications. Students return to the University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) to complete the four-year program and receive both degrees at graduation.
- To compliment their Fashion Merchandising program, students may choose to complete electives that focus on advertising, journalism, communication, or visual presentation. With appropriate courses taken as electives, students can pursue careers in fashion reporting, advertising, or graphic design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Composition
- First Year Experience
- Fashion Industry
- Principles of Economics (Macro)
- Technical Writing
- Historic Costumes
- Fashion Buying & Merchandising
- Apparel Construction & Evaluation
- Principles of Marketing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Retail Management View 1335 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed admissions application with a non-refundable $25.00 application fee in U.S. dollars.
- An official evaluation of all academic records (credential evaluation) from WES, ECE or AACRAO. Please request a course-by-course evaluation including a grade point average (GPA). The evaluation should be accompanied by an official copy of each academic record.
- Official scores to confirm English proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL scores). Conditional admission is not offered for applicants whose scores do not meet the minimum required scores below, or for those who do not have scores to submit. The scores should be no more than two years old.
- An official copy of the test results from taking either the SAT I or ACT.
International15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National15828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15828 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State5418 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5418 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.