This Special Education, Special Education Studies track is designed for students who want to pursue the following three interest areas:
Work with state, local, or nonprofit agencies that serve individuals with disabilities. This includes direct-service providers and advocacy groups.
Work with individuals and families with disabilities in faith-based or church settings.
Pursuit of advanced degrees in Special Education or related fields (e.g., a career as a researcher in special education, a speech therapist, an occupational therapist, or a physical therapist).
Seattle Pacific University is preparing students for service and leadership by fostering holistic growth through rigorous academic study, character formation, and vocational preparation that establishes a foundation for a thriving, faithful, and meaningful life.
SPU is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Exceptionality in the Classrm
Gen Psych:lndividual in Growth
Lifespan Developmental Psych
Individual Education Programs
Tching Studnts w Emot&Behv Dis
Special Education Assessment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education Teaching View 1194 other Bachelors in Teaching in United States
- A completed SPU Application or the Common Application.
- $50 application fee
- Essays. You’ll submit this with your application. This is where we get to meet you! Have fun and be authentic.
- Test scores. We accept both the ACT and the SAT. We recommend taking both tests, and then retaking the one where you scored the highest. To be official, the test agency needs to send us scores (this can take two to four weeks) or be listed on your official high school transcript.
- Official high school transcript. Your high school counselor can mail an official transcript in a sealed envelope to our office. You can forward a sealed envelope to us as well, as long as you receive it from your high school.
International46728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46728 USD per year during 48 months.
National46728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46728 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.