Our Elementary Education students at Roger Williams University spend an extensive amount of time inside elementary classrooms working with students and learning from practicing teachers. You’ll graduate well-prepared to land your dream job.
With small class sizes, individual attention from faculty and specialized training in educating high-needs youth, our program provides you with the skills to become a certified elementary school teacher. The scope and sequence of our program is designed to match current theories and practice in Elementary Education and is deeply rooted with our mission in social justice. This means the professional teacher education you receive at RWU is on the cutting edge of current educational research and practice.
Four Years of Classroom Experience
In the Roger Williams University Department of Education there is a simple philosophy: The best place to teach a student how to be a teacher is inside a K-12 classroom. It's why all four years our students spend an extensive amount of time inside elementary and secondary classrooms working with students and learning from practicing teachers.
- Life Science for Elementary Education and Lab
- Earth and Physical Science for Elementary Education and Lab
- Social Studies in the Elementary School
- Issues in Elementary Health Education
- Classrooms as Communities
- Educational Reform and Policy
- Issues in Multicultural Education
- Responding to Diverse Learners
- Science in the Elementary School
- Teaching Inquiry Science In the Elementary School
- Mathematics in the Elementary School
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 1595 other Bachelors in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your personal essay.
- Official high school transcript(s)
- A minimum of one (1) letter of recommendation; additional letters welcome
- First marking period grades for senior year, as well as mid-year grades (once available)
- Standardized test scores are optional
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are not required. However, we do suggest if you have those scores to send them in order to receive the best admission placement for your English level.
- Documentation of Financial Support
International40632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40632 USD per year during 48 months.
National40632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40632 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.