Dance, Performance from Roger Williams University stresses the development of strong technical and creative work from each student, as they hone skills that will allow them to distinguish themselves professionally. Students are offered professional-level experiences through multiple guest artist residences, study abroad, and yearly participation in the American College Dance Festival.
Graduates with Dance, Performance from Roger Williams University will be able to:
- Increase proficiency in anatomical efficiency, effort dynamics, and overall technical development.
- Heighten cognitive and embodied understanding of both the technical and cultural evolution of Classical Ballet, Modern, Post-modern, & Contemporary forms.
- Synthesize performance skills via ongoing participation in numerous, diverse, experiential creative processes and performances.
- Exercise a variety of established, experimental, and devised forms of movement composition.
- Explore and develop distinct interests and skills as artists and practitioners while situating their work within the larger contexts of history, pedagogy, culture, identity and community.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemporary Modern Technique and Improvisation
- Advanced Technique and Improvisation
- Mime Workshop
- Performance Lab and Movement Analysis
- Advanced Choreography
- Kinesiology for Dancers
- The Performance Artist in Society
- Movement Theatre
- Teaching Techniques, Dance Pedagogy and Musical Concepts
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
Rolling admission for spring start date.
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1375 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A submitted Common Application with Essay
- Official high school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation
- Your most recent high school transcripts
- Documentation of Financial Support
- SAT and/or ACT scores are not required, but can be sent as additional supporting material.
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are not required. However, we do suggest if you have those scores to send them in order to receive the best admission placement for your English level.
- Candidates applying to these programs should demonstrate achievement and career potential in areas of dance or theatre.
- Dance Performance Studies must have auditioned.
- Video Audition Portfolio Checklist: 2-3 Minutes of Clips that Highlight Your Skills, 2-3 Minute Solo
- Dance Resume and Cover Letter
- Cover Letter: This can take the form of an informal introduction letter. The purpose is to help us understand your interests as a dancer, scholar, and future professional.
International37944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37944 USD per year during 48 months.
National37944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37944 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.