Students in the Music, Emphasis in Composition, through a series of skill-building exercises and experience with larger and larger forms, whether in class or in private instruction, are prepared for a rich future in music.
Students can enter careers such as professional composition, film scoring, and arranging, as well as any careers involving decoding complex symbol systems, creativity, craftsmanship, or discipline.
Seattle Pacific University is preparing students for service and leadership by fostering holistic growth through rigorous academic study, character formation, and vocational preparation that establishes a foundation for a thriving, faithful, and meaningful life.
SPU is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Basic Music Technology
Advanced Music Notation
Instrumentation & Orchestration
Music Composition Senior Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2108 other Masters in Music in United States
- A completed SPU Application or the Common Application.
- $50 application fee
- Essays. You’ll submit this with your application. This is where we get to meet you! Have fun and be authentic.
- Test scores. We accept both the ACT and the SAT. We recommend taking both tests, and then retaking the one where you scored the highest. To be official, the test agency needs to send us scores (this can take two to four weeks) or be listed on your official high school transcript.
- Official high school transcript. Your high school counselor can mail an official transcript in a sealed envelope to our office. You can forward a sealed envelope to us as well, as long as you receive it from your high school.
Piano proficiency is required for graduation for all Music majors.
International46728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46728 USD per year during 48 months.
National46728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46728 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.