American Sign Language from Gallaudet University is the premier educational institution to identify ASL as a true and independent language.
Graduates with American Sign Language from Gallaudet University will:
- Demonstrate theoretical and analytical knowledge of ASL linguistics and Literature.
- Theoretical and analytical knowledge of the role of ASL in education, politics and media.
- Students in the program will produce college level ASL and English texts that demonstrate knowledge of, and critical inquiry into, key concepts in the ASL discipline.
- Students of the program will recognize the importance of the ASL expert as a system change agent and apply this in practice inside and outside the classroom utilizing effective leadership, advocacy, consultation, and collaboration to influence change on the individual, group, and organizational and systemic levels.
- Demonstrate preparation for future career employment in the field of ASL
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- ASL Literature: Poetry
- Practices in ASL Analysis and Critique
- ASL Elocution: Applications
- Discourse Features in ASL
- Language Attitudes and Ethics
- Sign Language Rights and Advocacy
- ASL Instruction
- Application to ASL Instruction
- Deaf Culture
- Dynamics of Oppression
- Structure of American Sign Language
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Rolling admissions for national students until all spaces are filled.
- International deadline for fall admission on July 1 is the priority deadline
DisciplinesEducation Special Education American Studies View 454 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Submit an online application
- $50 application fee
- An essay (the essay question can be found in the online application)
- A letter of recommendation from an academic teacher who teaches core subjects such as English, mathematics, or social studies
- Unofficial high school and college transcripts (if applicable)
- ACT , SAT, or TOEFL scores (or alternative testing)
- Certification of Finances form
- Sponsor's Affidavit of Support form
- F-1 Transfer Request form (if transferring from a college in the U.S.)
International24768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24768 USD per year during 48 months.
National16512 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16512 USD per year during 48 months.
- International students (Developing countries): $24,768 per year
- International students (Non-Developing countries): $33,024 per year
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.