The mission of the Biology Education programme from Marist College is to provide an outstanding and supportive educational environment in which students and faculty flourish as they seek to better understand the biological sciences and their practical applications.
The Objectives of the Biology Program are:
- To offer a diversity of courses with both breadth and depth through four areas of concentration.
- To prepare students to meet the prerequisite requirements to enter the various health professions ranging from medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, podiatry, pharmacy, optometry, both physical and occupational therapy, physician assistant, and other allied health professions.
- To prepare students for entry into graduate programs in the biological sciences through course preparation and research opportunities.
- To prepare students to gain certification in secondary education in the biological sciences.
- To afford students the opportunity to gain the knowledge and training needed to enter into various professions in industry and research.
There are three curricular choices for students interested in biology. The Biology major offers a general curriculum for those who may be unsure of their future career path. The Biology Education major prepares students to be high school life science teachers. The Biomedical Sciences major is designed for students interested in medical and other health professional schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Biology
- Plant Biology
- Science, Medicine and Ethics
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Comparative Anatomy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision: November 15th
- Early Action: November 15th
- Early Decision 2: February 1st
DisciplinesEducation Biology Teaching View 3077 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Application: You can choose between the Marist Application (online or print), Common Application, or Coalition Application.
Secondary school transcript(s)
SAT/ACT scores: Marist is a test-optional school, but you can still submit your scores for consideration
Two Letters of Recommendation: one from a counselor and the other from a teacher
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
National43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.