The Theatre Studies program at Ithaca College helps you to cultivate a passion for directing, playwriting, dramaturgy, stage management, or history and theory. The curriculum includes courses in directing, dramaturgy, playwriting, theatre history, technical theatre, design, acting, theatre history, stagecraft, design, theatre arts management, dramatic literature, and elective opportunities in the study of stage management and dance.
The theatre studies program also provides the flexibility for students to pursue additional majors or minors; popular choices include English, history, psychology or dual degrees in communications. Exceptional students may develop a senior project showcasing their growth or serve as assistant directors, dramaturgs, or stage managers for Mainstage productions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technical Theatre Practicum (must be taken three times)
- Script Analysis for the Theatre
- Theatre Studies Foundations
- History of Theatre
- Theatre Organization and Management
- Dramatic Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 1331 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An original secondary school transcript or marks sheet (grades) that bears the school seal and certifying signature of a school authority. Also submit official transcripts from any and all universities attended. Provide a certified English translation of all transcripts that are not in English.
- Letter of recommendation from the principal, school head, or college counselor, sent directly from your school to Ithaca College
- Proof of English proficiency
- SAT or ACT with Writing test results (optional)
International46610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46610 USD per year during 48 months.
National46610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46610 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.